69% of 1065 advisors questioned in a recent survey believe that sustainable investments offer an opportunity to grow their practice.
Indeed, though investors are interested in this market, they often report that their financial advisors are not equipped to advise on sustainable investments.
Your clients need you to point them in the right direction. If you don’t know how to help, you will lose their business. This workshop will help you to tune into the right investments that perform as well as, if not better than, traditional investments whilst differentiating yourself from other investment managers.
At this workshop you will:
• Hear the latest examples and case studies on successful Impact Investing
• Gauge the financial performance of current impact investments
• Understand from which client base demand is coming from
• Gain access to quality research and information
• Examine what kinds of products clients are looking for
• Find approved and available sustainable investment options
• Gain the tools to integrate impact investments into your portfolio
• Analyse current data and what results mean for the impact industry, and for your organization
• Gain information on what products are available on your platform, how they differ, how they are likely to perform and where to place them in a client portfolio
James Addo, Senior Manager of Impact Investment, SNV Netherlands Development Organization
James is the Senior Manager of Impact Investment within SNV’s Advisory Services practice. James is an experienced investment banker with a specialty in private equity and venture capital opportunities. He is a well-rounded Investment Banking Professional with broad experience in conventional and impact investments. James has multi-year experience in establishing and managing development finance programs in 6 sub Saharan African countries.
He served until April 30 2010 as Group Chief Executive Officer of Securities Africa Limited, a full service pan- African investment bank with offices in UK, US, Malta, Bermuda and 7 countries in Africa’s main markets. He covered all 53 countries and 25 capital markets. Prior to that he was a Portfolio Manager of Finch Africa Fund, a $50MM Africa focused equity fund.
Tine Fisker Henriksen, Partnerships and Innovation Associate, Impact Investment Services, SNV
Tine Fisker Henriksen, Partnerships and Innovation Associate within the Impact Investment Services practice at SNV. She is a co-founder and editor of the Africa Impact Report, a global online publication on impact investing in Africa. She has researched and developed innovative investment structures in the renewable energy industry in South Africa.
Most recently, Tine worked as an associate with the Tony Elumelu Foundation on the business incubation space in Lagos Nigeria, where she researched the potential of impact investing as a funding vehicle for incubating young enterprises. She holds an MSc in International Business & Politics from Copenhagen Business School.
In a recent study on impact investing, Insight demonstrated that institutional investors, such as pension funds and endowments that invest for social and environmental outcomes are also earning a competitive rate of financial return. So, should you be committing to Impact Investing? And if so, what do you need to know and where do you start?
At this workshop you will:
• Hear examples from impact investors who are successfully committing to the space and what results they are seeing
• Find out what needs to happen next in order to scale up the Impact Investing industry?
• Explore how you can work in partnership with the public sector to scale up your involvement and reduce the risk
• Understand how your involvement could change the face of impact investing
• Analyse some of the key impact investing areas in which you could invest next
• Gain an understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding Impact Investing which could hinder or support your move into this space
Ambassador John Simon, President, Total Impact Advisors